CIBSE Certification White New Enquire Logo Personnel Cert Pos(white) eplus CIBSE-LCEA

Energy Performance Certificates

An Energy Performance Certificate  shows how energy efficient your building is.


EPCs are required by law when most buildings are sold or rented. They are also needed when applying for government funding schemes such as feed-in-tariff, renewable heat incentive, or green deal.


The EPC gives your property a score, and places it in a energy efficiency band from A+ to G, so that buyers or tenants can compare it with other similar properties to see which will have the higher bills. It also provides recommendations for improvements.


The survey is non-invasive, we will need access to inspect the whole building, including any basements or lofts. The building is measured, and a floor plan produced, and data is recorded on the construction, and buidlng services such as heating, hot water and lighting.


All of the data collected is entered into government approved software, which produces the EPC.


Once completed, EPCs are publicly available online here: - domestic properties - commercial properties


It is a legal requirement for most buildings to have a valid EPC when they are  sold or rented (or on the market for sale or rental). Local authorities have the power to fine property owners and estate agents who do not comply with the law on EPCs

commercial_epc_800 large_domestic_epc_cert large_domestic_epc_cert

Call 0161 367 1281 to book your EPC